Elevate your next event with onsite calligraphy
a personalized touch
Give your customers an exciting reason to shop in person!
· Open Houses
· Product Launches
· Customer Appreciation
· Holiday Sales Events
· Anniversary Celebrations
Unique experience curated just for your guests!
· Wedding Receptions
· Galas & Fundraisers
· Employee Appreciation
· Company Holiday Parties
· Milestone Anniversaries
what is live event calligraphy?
Elevating your event with an onsite calligraphy artist adding beautiful personalization to a variety of surfaces.
Everyone loves the uniqueness of personalization and even more, getting to see it created in person right before their eyes. Imagine your customers or guests taking home a unique piece of hand calligraphed art and sharing all about their experience at your shop or event with friends, family and coworkers!
Many surfaces can be calligraphed, most commonly paper, glass, acrylics, finished wood, leather and fabric. I use a variety of inks and tools which allow me to write on just about any smooth surface.
as the host you provide:
· Items to be calligraphed, including at least 1 sample item prior to event so I can ensure proper ink/paint for the surface
· Any special packaging/bags for finished items
· 4ft-6ft standard height table and chair
· A secondary table or “holding table” may be helpful to place items waiting to be lettered and/or finished items awaiting pick up.
Maddie B Designs provides:
· All tools needed for calligraphy (ink, paint, pens, cleaning tools, etc)
· Personalization order slips for each item to be callligraphed
· Professional and friendly demeanor and appearance for your event.
· Ensure all personalization is complete before concluding the appearance.
· Depending on the scope of the event, I may provide an assistant to ensure the calligraphy process flows seamlessly for your event
rates & booking
Onsite Rates: $150 per hour, 2 hour minimum, paid at the time of booking
· Live event calligraphy should be booked at least 2 weeks prior to your event to ensure adequate time to source supplies. Rush fees may be applied if shorter turnaround time is required or if specialty supplies are needed.
Locations: Travel within 40 miles of Arapahoe, NE (68922) is included in the hourly rate
· 40-90 miles of Arapahoe, NE (68922) is billed in addition at $2/mile
· Beyond 90 miles of Arapahoe, NE (68922) additional travel and accommodations fees may apply
Postponements: Should the event need to be rescheduled for any reason, all efforts will be made by the host and Maddie B Designs to find a new event date/time, however, rescheduling is not a guarantee and is solely based on availability. If the appearance cannot be rescheduled, see cancellation policies.
Cancellation by host:
· Cancellations by host less than 2 weeks prior to event date:
50% refund will be issued.
· Cancellations by host more than 2 weeks prior to event date:
Full refund will be issued.
Cancellation by MBD: Any cancellations by Maddie B Designs will result in a full refund of booked rate to the host.
**Maddie B Designs is not responsible for any event supplies/costs incurred in the event of a cancellation. Only live calligraphy hourly rate may be refunded
LIVE CALLIGRAPHY CONTACT FORM
To begin booking your live calligraphy appearance for your event, use the contact form button below. Once received, I will be in contact via email to discuss your event in detail!
about the artist
Nestled in the cozy mid-west, you'll find (me) artist, calligrapher adn entreprenuer, Megan, experimenting with traditional methods of calligraphy, illustration and watercolor in my home studio.
Since 2019 I have been venturing out of the studio to bring calligraphy live and in person to the public through live event calligraphy services and modern calligraphy workshops.
One great gift of art is its ability to create lasting memories. Through live calligraphy it becomes even more special because you get to see it created right before your eyes! That, indeed, is quite a special thing to offer my clients!
Oh! In case you are wondering... Maddie was our beagle and the namesake of this ceative small business.
I look forward to working with you soon! -Megan