Watercolor Home Portrait
An original hand painted watercolor portrait of your home is a timeless heirloom to be cherished and treasured for years and even generations!
All the details and memories captured in soft, beautiful watercolor strokes. Perfect keepsake for cherished childhood homes, the excitement of a new home, as wedding gifts and housewarmings.
Each home portrait is hand painted using light-fast Windsor & Newton watercolor paints on archival 140lb Strathmore 400 series watercolor cold-pressed paper.
When ordering your portrait or redeeming a Watercolor Home Portrait gift card:
- Please choose the size of your portrait when ordering: either 8x10 or 11x14. The paper itself is slightly larger to allow a blank border surrounding the painting to give space for matting the painting within your frame should you choose.
Email a high resolution, good quality photo of the home as you would like it painted. I will sketch directly from the photo, so be sure the photo captures the angel and details you wish to see in your final painting. If sending multiple photos, please indicate your preference. If preference is not noted, I will use my discretion.
- Once your order is received, I will email to clarify any details such as color matching or little nuances of the home.
- Your painting is an artistic interpretation of the home, not an exact depiction. Colors may not be exact. Each portrait is hand-painted by artist, Megan Soncksen.
- Your final painting will be shipped in a flat envelope or a mailing tube.
- Current turn-around time: 4-6 weeks.
Matting and framing are not included.
I purchased a watercolor home portrait to give to one of my son for a Christmas gift. Megan was very easy to work with as I had a lot of questions and she was very happy to help me! My son's grandmother passed away last year and he was having trouble letting go of the house. I decided to have Megan paint of portrait of her house. Words cannot describe how beautiful the painting turned out. Megan's attention to details was outstanding! Cannot wait to give it to him for Christmas. Thanks again!
Megan painted our home in watercolor to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. We love it!
The watercolor was amazing!! Such care to deal and done so fast.