Watercolor Home Portrait
An original hand painted watercolor portrait of your home is a timeless heirloom to be cherished and treasured for years and even generations!
All the details and memories captured in soft, beautiful watercolor strokes. Perfect keepsake for cherished childhood homes, the excitement of a new home, as wedding gifts and housewarmings.
Each home portrait is hand painted using light-fast Windsor & Newton watercolor paints on archival 140lb Arches watercolor cold-pressed paper.
When ordering your portrait:
- Select the size of your portrait when ordering: either 8x10 or 11x14.
- Choose if you would like the home owner's last name and/or street address hand lettered on the bottom of the portrait.
Email a high resolution, good quality photo of the home as you would like it painted. I will sketch directly from the photo, so be sure the photo captures the angel and details you wish to see in your final painting. If sending multiple photos, please indicate your preference. If preference is not noted, I will use my discretion.
- Once your order is received, I will email to clarify any details such as color matching or little nuances of the home.
- Your painting is an artistic interpretation of the home, not an exact depiction. Colors may not be exact. Each portrait is hand-painted by artist, Megan Soncksen.
- Your final painting will be shipped in a flat envelope or a mailing tube.
- Current turn-around time: 4-6 weeks.
Don't have access to a photo of the home portrait you would like to gift? Consider sending them a gift card! When you note the gift card is for a home portrait, I will mail a card explaining how they can order their portrait.
Matting and framing are not included.
The watercolor painting by Maddie B Designs made my parents day. This was their home for decades and our childhood home and they loved this gift from us kids! It brought up many emotions and memories! ♥️🏡♥️ Thank you thank you!
I purchased a watercolor home portrait to give to one of my son for a Christmas gift. Megan was very easy to work with as I had a lot of questions and she was very happy to help me! My son's grandmother passed away last year and he was having trouble letting go of the house. I decided to have Megan paint of portrait of her house. Words cannot describe how beautiful the painting turned out. Megan's attention to details was outstanding! Cannot wait to give it to him for Christmas. Thanks again!
Megan painted our home in watercolor to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. We love it!
The watercolor was amazing!! Such care to deal and done so fast.